Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Scientist
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Scientist,
you will be responsible for:
- Completes routine preparation and synthesis of various
chemicals used in a variety medical diagnostic products.
- Performs routine synthesis of raw materials, in process, residual, finished product, and stability testing within the framework of site policies, departmental procedures, and cGMP regulations.
- Participates in transfer of methods, validations, investigations, team projects, and special studies to accomplish company and departmental goals.
- Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish complex tasks.
- Completes the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and other documents and advises senior staff.
- Reviews and approves related inputs such as complex drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel.
- Required to work with other chemists in the group as well as outside units.
- Performs full range of standard laboratory work for the professional field.
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Sets up, calibrates, operates, and performs maintenance of laboratory test equipment.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Experience with ISO13483, cGMP and other regulatory agency
work practices and documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of proper laboratory documentation and maintenance, archiving of paperwork, attention to specification limits for any tests performed, and immediate notification of any out-of-specification (OOS) results.
- Continues development of practical laboratory skills, and a thorough knowledge of chemistry theories, analytical techniques, and site procedures. Performs/assists in the execution of protocols, method transfers and validation studies.
- Demonstrable hands on experience with performing preparative chromatography, able to pack, run, and maintain preparative chromatography columns.
- Proficient in use of standard laboratory equipment; ability to run complex analytical assays including HPLC, FTIR, UV; ability to interpret NMR and other analytical methods used to characterize purity of compounds made.
- Demonstrated experience in synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry strongly preferred.
- Ability to set up, monitor and purify preparative scale organic reactions following established procedures
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- PhD with 0-3+
years of chemical process development experience, or
- MS with 5+ years of chemical process development experience, or
- BS with 8+ years of chemical process development experience
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrated working understanding and application of SAP
- Demonstrated working understanding of lean manufacturing tools (e.g. 5S, Kanban, work cell, process mapping, etc)
- Demonstrated working understanding and application of 6-Sigma tools
- Demonstrated understanding and application of problem solving skills (K-T, Fishbone, A3, etc)
- Demonstrates strong written & verbal skills to communicate technical information
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.