Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
The Services Engagement Manager will work under minimal supervision to identify and lead the definition and proposal development for Professional Services engagements for the Government market. This person will be key part of the Services organization that leads Services projects that drive customer’s value realization. This person will pursue new Services opportunities and define projects within the business outcomes goals in relation to financials, schedules, scope of work and quality, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
As part of the Professional Services team, the Engagement Manager will be the key point of contact for Sales, Presales, Service Management and the customer for the project definition and proposal development.
As part of the Services team, the Services Engagement Manager:
• Contributes to the value planning activities with the Sales Account Manager, Portfolio Development and Business Development team
• Uses US Government business acumen to ensure that the defined project scope can be delivered within time, budget and quality goals
• Facilitates and supports the successful generation of revenue and margin against financial goals derived across the account portfolio
• Engages proactively and effectively with internal support organizations such as Contracts, Supply Chain, Security and Finance
• Maintains a rolling monthly and quarterly pursuit forecast/pipeline of future revenue, and revenue forecasts for active contracted projects, updating relevant systems accordingly
• Builds business relationships with the Siemens account team, Siemens delivery teams and Customer stakeholders
• Contributes and supports business planning to accomplish the goals of the Siemens teams.
• Develops financially quantified Services proposals with moderate to high complexity for Customers that are aligned with their business needs
• Expands and grows Services revenue in alignment with business objectives
• Provides direction in Services coverage and capacity resource planning and alignment with the Services delivery teams and Customers
• Support the issue escalation process and ensure resolution progress for project issues
• Works under self-management on Services opportunities of medium to high complexity scope
• Provides guidance and mentoring across the portfolio to aligned Project Managers
• Provides input to the Siemens product roadmaps as needed to support the account portfolio
• Regularly communicates with various levels of the Siemens and customer teams including executive level messages
• Provides input into performance reviews for key project contributors
• Identifies and conveys the initial project risks including their assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies for projects within the portfolio
• Participates as a key contributor on customer committees for each active project such as Steering Committees, Technical Review Boards (TRBs) and Management Review Boards (MRBs)
• Supports the organizational culture, values and reputation in served market and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
• United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country, foreign passports or visas
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent years of experience in Digital Industry or related field.
• Minimum five (5) years in project proposal leadership position or a project delivery leadership position
• Experience in the sustainment and/or manufacturing processes for development of support of advanced products
• Experience in implementing or familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or similar products is desired
• Working knowledge of the administrative functions of the Services business including project setup, contract structure, progress reporting, revenue recognition and billing
• Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures
• Leadership skills and proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including Services delivery and Project Management
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of company and government executives
• Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers
• Ability to obtain and meet Business goals and results
• Ability to promote complex solutions and drive acceptance with confidence
• Knowledge and ability to deliver goals effectively and drive the opportunity to closure with a sense for urgency
• Willingness and the ability to travel to appropriate work location, as required by Siemens and/or the customer pursuit/project
• Willingness and the availability to work the core hours required by the specific project and per company policy
• United States Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S DOD Government Security Clearance.