Siemens Mobility is looking for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineering Manager to join Rail Infrastructure business in Chippenham.
The successful candidate for this role will be expected to manage the engineering aspects of new products introduction for the manufacturing Operations department. The role will contribute to the Improvement of the manufacturing processes by working with engineers, supervisors, Supply Chain and will be the key interface between our development/project teams and manufacturing engineering. Both teams are global covering Europe, US and Australia so there may be an occassioanl need for travel both in the within the UK and overseas.Typical products being introduced include Electronic printed circuit board assemblies, mechanical extrusions, Radio Communications and wired products.
What are your responsibilities?
- Being the technical lead with R&D and internal project teams to ensure new products undergo appropriate Design for Test and Design for Manufacture assessments and drive changes/improvements forwards that benefit both the customer and the production process.
- Work with the NPI Project Manager and internal production teams to implement, develop and produce new products.
- Assist and guide Manufacturing Operations to ensure the product introduction into the factory is tuned, and lean.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to the manufacturing operations engineering teams.
- Undertake effective workload planning and prioritisation for the NPI projects being worked on wherever necessary.
- Ensure that technical resources are identified against requirements and aligned with the Manufacturing Operations Engineering manager to ensure utilisation to optimum effect.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company and health and safety policy and procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable to challenge the norm and drive improvements for the benefit of Manufacturing Operations and the business.
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- A good engineering background in electronic printed circuit board assemblies and/or Radio Communications that will support the products being introduced to the factory.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience of working in a factory or similar environment undertaking an NPI role and associated responsibilities.
- A working knowledge and understanding of factory processes, technology.
- An ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
- An ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- An ability to maintain and improve effective working practices, use of facilities and materials, etc.
- A flexible attitude towards work and can respond to business priorities appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills and some basic commercial understanding that will allow the individual to communicate internally and externally, at all levels.
- Able to pass on knowledge to other team members and apprentices.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time