Siemens Mobility does more than you know. You may associate us with trains or signalling systems. But, the advanced, AI powered transportation and mobility infrastructure we’re developing are actually a driving force for the future of smart cities – and an entirely digitalised world.
We blended traditional engineering with computer science long ago, and are leading the way in solutions that transform how people move. Green energy and decarbonisation is our goal, as is convenience and connecting with the individual – putting all the information relating to their journey in the palm of their hand.
An opportunity has arisen for a Network Design Engineer to join the Rail Infrastructure CIS (Customer Information System) business, ideally based from the Ashby office
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and International, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
In CIS we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
- Technically producing operational telecommunication designs and solution for various railway projects and delivering data networks for Siemens Rail Infrastructure.
- Delivering proposals and designs based on customer requirements.
- Successful delivery of Network designs and bids including network architectural design description documents, network architecture diagrams, IP Addressing/Sub-netting design, cable schedules, diversity plans and configuration
- Ensure safety is maintained through design, incorporating the required specifications, and network security architecture.
- Manage customer requirements and production of system requirements and proposals
- Provide technical support and mentorship to junior team members.
- Develop associated test specifications, provide support for onsite build and test, and support for integration & system testing
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable experience of Network Communication Systems and Architectures, especially LAN/WAN architectures and network security, associated with a safety related environment
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle
- Demonstrable experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Cisco certified, or at working level, to CCNA or above with applicable experience.
- An IRSE License and previous experience in rail would be highly desirable, but not essential
- Experience in Software Defined Networking, virtualisation, data centre, network automation, and railway operational telecoms design / standards / delivery processes would also be desirable.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time