Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers:
· Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
· Participate in our celebrations and social events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Scientist in Sustaining Engineering. This position is located in Knoxville, TN.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Scientist in Sustaining Engineering, you will be responsible for providing the following services to support production of PET biomarkers at PETNET manufacturing facilities:
· Provide sustaining engineering services to enable the production and testing of PET biomarkers
· Design and develop improvements for released products, processes and equipment used in the production and testing of PET biomarkers
· Review, revise and/or develop technical documentation utilized in biomarker production, quality control and equipment maintenance
· Administer software solutions used to support biomarker manufacturing processes
· Implement new production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test biomarkers
· Implement improvements for production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test biomarkers
· Provide Tier 2 biomarker technical support and compliance oversight at assigned PETNET sites
· Track and review performance metrics to identify equipment and process problems
· Prioritize identified problems and develop solutions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
· Participate in the design of complex hardware, software and process solutions
· Participate in the tracking of metrics to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met
· Track and maintain assets (e.g. equipment, parts, tools, software, etc.)
· Participate in the design recommendations for alternatives or changes to the most complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
· Assist in investigations and analysis of the most complex field problems.
· Assist in the design of explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of the most complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· BS degree in chemistry, engineering or other science field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 years experience in the production of PET biomarkers or commercial operations
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
· Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
· Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
· Limited travel as required to perform job functions
· Experience in production and testing of 18F radiolabeled biomarkers is required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with general radiation safety and hazardous material handling or similar technical experience
· Experience working with complex analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, and TLC
· Experience with CAD applications is a plus but not a specific requirement
· Experience with data analytics and data science
· Experience with PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: PETNET Solutions, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.