Cloud Application Services ITAR Operations team is looking for Product Architect role. Person would be responsible for deployments on specific cloud platforms/container platforms, participating in all phases of the development, deployment and operational activities for Siemens ITAR customer's workloads
* Minimum 8 years Teamcenter or other PLM/ALM experience, with at least 5 years supporting a customer Production environment
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Configure and maintain containerized and non-containerized cloud hosted solutions
* Configure and manage monitoring, logging, alerting around infrastructure and applications
* Improving the reliability of cloud hosted SaaS Solution and CI/CD pipeline deployments
* Manage the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health with ongoing deployments
* Ensure customer workloads are configured and deployed properly and working as per SLA
* Support customer workload health and uptime round the clock configured using alerts
* Configure the Application Performance monitoring Alerts and Pager Duty alerts
* Solve application specific tickets
* Apply application & infrastructure patches on test, Preproduction and Production Server
* Install and configure application & infrastructure on Development, test, Preproduction and Production environment
* Configure and manage third parties deployed on environment
* Document root cause analysis of issues
* Reach out to Siemens GTAC for Product Issues and raise IRs
* Communicate with customer and internal stakeholders on issue resolution
* Provide workarounds to issues
* Develop Knowledge Management database for solved issues
Sought Personality type:
* Proactive, emphatic and approachable.
* Team player and problem solver.
* Effective communicator.
* Great attitude but a critical thinker.
* Creative and open minded.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
* Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master / Bachelor level); Minimum experience 5 years
* Knowledge of systems (Linux, GNU tooling), networking (OSI model, DNS, routing) and virtualization and containerization
* Security & Compliance awareness
* Hands-on experience with Siemens PLM, ALM, MOM &/or CAD tools preferred
* Public clouds; AWS/Azure/GCP experience & certification preferred
* Teamcenter Installation in a distributed environment
* Teamcenter custom template install using BMIDE
* Distributed FMS configuration
* Dispatcher configuration
* Active Workspace Installation and Configuration
* NX and Solidedge CAD Integration
* Working experience in Perl/Batch Scripts
Nice to have Skills:
* AWS or similar Cloud platform knowledge
* Experience with MCAD & ECAD Integration with Teamcenter or similar PLM
* knowledge of SQL Scripting
* knowledge of deploying customization and configuration on Production environment
* Mentoring of junior team members
* Use Pareto or 5 Why or any other Industry technique for root cause analysis
* Ability to automate some of the repetitive tasks
* Scripting knowledge would be useful
This position will be subject to U.S. export control requirements under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Employment is contingent on either verifying the U.S. Person status or obtaining any necessary export license.
At Siemens we are always challenging
ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and
diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about
the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law,
Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on
job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.