Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Executes tactical purchase orders and expediting to ensure the timely availability of quality materials and services.
- Reviews all Purchase Requisitions to ensure Corporate Procurement Policies and Correct Buying processes have been followed and initiates Review Process when Purchase Requisitions do not meet Procurement Policies and Correct Buying Processes.
- Resolves supply chain logistical and accounting problems with suppliers and Siemens internal customers.
- Assists in the maintenance, organization, and distribution of procurement records and information (procurement procedures, policies, price lists, contracts, supplier evaluation, etc.)
- Supports the execution of the strategies with the objective of maximizing the economics of company purchases through supplier rationalizations, purchase price reductions, quality improvement, business process innovation, and conserving working capital.
- Tracks and reports benefits obtained from sourcing strategies and negotiation support for specific sourcing transactions.
- Supports Project Procurement Manager (PPM) implementing key corporate wide procurement initiatives
- Educates and supports field personnel at a transaction level to ensure that the sourcing selections are made and to capture additional commercial benefits if possible.
** Hybrid role. Possibility to work from home but requires flexibility to go in office as needed **
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in supply chain, procurement or related field
- 1- 3 years procurement experience
- Procurement or Supply Management Certification as a Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) Supply Chain Management Professional considered an asset
- Experience with SAP, strong asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (excel: pivot table, VLookup),
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken, very strong asset.
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.