Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
Join our team to make difference!
Lead Engineer- IT Infrastructure is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance / support of Provide technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete infrastructure design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, network & voice communication.
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and technology services management team.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
- Develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs.
- Defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
- Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
- Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.
- Your experience and solid understanding in Virtualization Technology like VMWare, Hyper-V, Private Cloud solution will make valuable contributions.
- Network Architecture Experience. Network Virtualization skills and know-how will make valuable contribution.
- Experience with Enterprise storage and an understanding of SAN concepts, storage abstraction with hypervisors, and enterprise backup and replication solutions.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
- Knowledge of handling a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Solid ability to communicate well in English orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and stay ahead of the latest technology.
- Capability to work with people in different time zones.
- Expert Knowledge on usage of various Microsoft tools, especially Visio
- Expert knowledge in developing automation scripts and APIs
- 5+ years’ experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Require VMware vSphere 6.5 & above administration skills.
- Good knowledge of VMware products: VMware hypervisor 6.5 & Above, Vcenter 7, VRA 8.X, VRO.
- Conceptual /practical knowledge on Windows Server 2012 & above administration skills.
- Conceptual /practical knowledge on EMC, Netapp- & HP3PAR storage administration skills.
- Conceptual /practical knowledge on Veritas NetBackup & administration skills.
- Responsible for L2 Incident Tickets for VMware &Wintel.
- Technical Troubleshooting on Critical Incidents & provide the solutions.
- Implementation & Coordination with Business partners / Vendors requirement and issues.
- Participant in CR meetings with Support Partners and Business /Requestor and planning for implementation.
- Planning & execution of Patching / Upgrades on VMware & Windows Infrastructure.
- Administration of Storage (SAN / NAS) for EMC / HP3PAR.
- Responsible for Datacenter Maintenance activity.
- VMware Certification VCP- DCV 7 & above.
- Microsoft Certification MCSA & above
- ITIL V.3
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting Siemens world.
We are a collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SIEMENS CAREERS AT: http://www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time