Siemens Technology is the central in-house research unit at Siemens and as such holds an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It acts as a strategic partner to support the business units with R&D services, drives the company’s intellectual property, collaborates with top universities worldwide, and supports standardization activities for all business units and regions. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
We make real what matters. This is your role:
- In your new role as a research scientist you design security modules and security architectures for Siemens’ products and solutions and you conduct applied research to develop new technologies.
- You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units and Siemens IT worldwide and develop proof-of-concepts.
- You provide technical consulting and coach stakeholders from Siemens’ business units on security topics.
- You contribute in designing reusable security building blocks as well as in securing large industrial and infrastructure solutions.
- You manage smaller research and customer projects, e.g., in the field of secure architectures, cloud computing security, container security, or Industrial IoT security.
- You collaborate with national and international partners, both internally and at universities and research institutions.
- You actively share your know-how within Siemens and supervise interns and working students.
- You have successfully completed your PhD or master‘s degree in computer science or similar with very good results, preferably with a focus on IT security, cyber security or information security or equivalent experience.
- Besides, you have an good understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and architectures.
- You already gained some experience in the field of cyber security, preferably with focus on cloud and/or container security, e.g., hands-on experience with cloud security on AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or GCP and/or hands-on experience with securing containerized applications and its underlying components like Docker and Kubernetes.
- You score with first experience in OT environments and/or agile software development and programming.
- You distinguish yourself by an innovative mindset, openness to address new topics, very good communication skills, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player mindset.
- You have managed smaller projects and are willing to occasionally travel to meetings and workshops with customers.
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- An environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and feel a sense of belonging
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time