Siemens Mobility is a global leader in electrical engineering and electronics. By uniting leading-edge technology and the expertise of talented people, Siemens is able to bring to market the most comprehensive range of new ideas and innovations for Rail Vehicles. Siemens Rolling Stock focuses on the design, systems integration and manufacturing of light rail vehicles, locomotives, coaches and trainsets.
The Deputy Project Manager will be supporting the responsible Project Manager in completing Rolling Stock projects ranging from $25M to $250+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) will be the key participant during the projects' execution from the Project Manager and is responsible for various work packages within the main project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include advising resources in a matrix structured organization, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The DPM will have communication to internal and external customers for aspects related to the assigned working packages of the project. This position reports functionally to the Vice President of Coaches and operationally to the Project Manager. The DPM will coordinate tasks completion with internal teams within Siemens. The DPM will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager to establish the routines for sub-projects over time with a growth potential as Project Manager.
- Assists the Project Manager with the planning and execution of all operation goals and tasks established for the project.
- Proactively handle the assigned working packages such as contractual work, document control and participates in design meetings with the customer.
- Leads internal meetings and supervises action items with internal partners for the assigned working packages.
- Supports the Project Manager in customer meetings and negotiations for changes in scope, cost and schedule and takes minutes of the meeting with action items.
- Supports the Project Manager to supervise and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and work that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and partners.
- Optimally communicate and handle work package and sub-project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Coordinates the collaborative work between different Siemens entities to deliver a complete integrated product which fulfills the customer requirements for a contract including both rolling stock and customer services scope.
- Supports the Project Manger to develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
- Supports the Project Manger to identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team.
- Support customer sales channel activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Strong desire to learn Project Management responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple activities in an exciting fast paced environment
- Some travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’ degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Technical experience in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering is helpful
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $84,150 - $140,250.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.