Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer (Multiphase) as part of a professional team that provides essential support for the development and release of new software products. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute during the entire software life cycle of our leading CAE/CFD tool Simcenter STAR-CCM+, with an emphasis on multiphase applications.
You will be a key member of the team to prepare test plans, test cases, and review testing checklists and validating the solutions delivered by development. Your uncompromising attention to detail will be required to design test cases, execute tests, assess results and detect errors. At the same time always looking for ways to improve test coverage, tools and processes.
The Quality Assurance engineer will document all problems, work to resolve them, and report progress on problem resolution to management. The QA engineer must communicate proactively and effectively with team members locally and the global team leads, project managers, software developers and management.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the country concerned, who will not require employer sponsorship for permit to work.
Siemens Digital Industries Software offers a competitive benefit package and a professional
working environment. If you succeed in joining us, you will be part of a global engineering community in a world-leading organization that creates outstanding technology and products.
o Research new product functionality.
o Develop and document test plans and procedures to verify that our software products and releases meet the established functionality and performance goals.
o Construct test models, including mesh building and applying physical setup.
o Implement Software Testing strategies including the execution of System, Integration, and Unit testing to fulfil the quality requirements on our products.
o Test the products and document and communicate the results of that testing.
o Detailed reporting of software defects, communication of risks to leads and follow-up with stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution of issues.
o Provide diagnostic to problems and gather the necessary evidence to demonstrate the root of the problem.
o Develop automated testing procedures.
o Contribute to strategic directions for the entire Quality Assurance organization.
o Collaboratively contribute to plans for overall quality improvement, and obtain signoff from all stakeholders.
o Effectively work with a globally dispersed team.
o Participate in cross-functional teams.
o Work with other development areas to improve fault prevention higher up the development stream.
o Participate in testing projects as the representative and advocate of Quality Assurance.
● Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Engineering field or Physical Sciences.
● Experience in the CFD / CAE industry.
● Expertise in any commercial CFD tools e.g.: STAR-CCM+ / STAR-CD / Ansys / Open Foam.
● Knowledge of theories of multiphase CFD.
● Experience in simulation and analysis of multiphase flow applications, for example, Eulerian, Lagrangian, VOF, DEM methodologies.
● Knowledge of multiphase flow processes in oil and gas, chemical process, marine, nuclear and related industries.
● Good theoretical understanding of fluid flow and heat transfer processes.
● Theoretical knowledge of numerical simulations.
● Ability to conduct literature research independently.
● General experience in preparing and executing simulations in CFD software.
● Demonstrated knowledge of Quality theories and practices.
● Comfortable working in a matrix environment.
● Demonstrated proficiency of written and spoken English.
● Strong communication skills.
● Experience working in Agile and Waterfall SDLC environments.
● Programming knowledge (knowledge/experience with JAVA, C++, python, scripting languages).
● Experience in managing a multi-platform (Windows / Linux) test environment.
● Enjoys networking with peers in the industry to share best practices.
● Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a desire of continuous learning.
● Ability to apply advanced level technical skills cooperatively in a challenging, fast-paced environment on a team with experienced professionals.
● Flexibility to work in different domain areas when business demands.
● In addition to the technical knowledge required for this position, applicants should be creative and highly motivated.
● Minimum 1-2 years of hands on experience in any CFD tool, gained from academia or industry.
● 2+ years Quality Assurance and /or Testing experience, or experience working in an Agile software development environment will be additional advantages.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time