Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more efficiently. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly sophisticated world of chip, board and system design.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality.
We are looking for people to build their careers in the rapidly growing and innovative Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry. As the IC design becomes larger and more sophisticated, the quality of result (QoR) of implementation EDA products is our key driven edge to overcoming the high demanding performance of IC design in every aspect.
This position would be responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of our IC implementation product Aprisa on all required platforms. You will learn to understand the sophisticated design methodology, features, customer challenges and future trends of IC design in both front-end and back-end flows. As you step into the job, you would need to build, document, and execute such methodologies that might involve complicated workflows or multiple components. As your experience grows, you will be able to tackle sophisticated technical problems and provide inputs to the design direction for different components of our product. Occasionally, you might be called upon to consult with customers about future improvements and upgrades.
As you build up your career, you can contribute using your special expertise with multiple system, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related fields, application implications and customer areas. While you will often work with wide latitude for independent judgement, you will also be required to work with different teams on the various perspectives of our product. The focus of this position is to surpass customer expectations on achieving high quality and timely deliveries.Organization: Siemens EDA
- Identify and report actively on QoR and other issues
- Analyze and reproduce issues and provide replay that would expedite the development with minimum resource to fix and improve
- Verify fixes and improvements, and provide QoR results to corresponding parties
- Improve and expand coverage over various components and collaborate with different teams for future developments
- Respond, recover and resolve any critical issues that might impact development cycles
- Deliver and support customers over various aspects of release products
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields
- Programming skills in C or any other popular languages
- UNIX experience and shell scripting
- Capable of working independently as well as collaborating with different teams
- Needs to accommodate working hours with team members in different time zones.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-motivated learner with a proactive demeanor towards unfamiliar ideas and areas
- Knowledge of IC design flow (front/back end) experience
- 1-5 years experiences w/ IC EDA tool usage.
- Experience with TCL scripting
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited, Taiwan Branch
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time