Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
Join us! We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role.
We don't need superheroes, just super minds!
Qualification: Diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical
Min 5 years’ experience in Product Development of L V Switchgear – Commanding and Signaling Devices, e.g. Push buttons, Position switches
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for driving and executing development of competitive products and solutions.
- Extending existing products to suit new specific applications by product development.
- Co-ordination with product design team to create the Product documentation.
- Checking for conformance with applicable standards and relevant guidelines.
- Ensure timely availability of Product documentation in relevant systems / tools e.g. Teamcenter
- To select standard components, raw materials (metal and plastic), surface coatings appropriate for product requirements.
- Dimension the parts and assemblies with tolerance analysis for product functions.
- Should be able to create product structure for variants including documentation.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs / adapts parts and products accordingly.
- Interactions with product managers, project managers, test engineers, process planners, manufacturing, logistics, quality assurance, purchase, commercial, customer service.
- Plans, co-ordinates and tracks activities in own area of technical responsibility.
- Generate and drive DTC measures to have cost competitive products and accessories.
Other Skills, Knowledge & Experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of customer applications for Switchgear products, e.g. Push buttons, Limit switches, etc.
- Knowledge of relevant product standards
- Documentation as per ISO 9001
- Inter-personal skills for effective cross-functional working
- Knowledge of product development process
- Basic understanding of various manufacturing processes for parts and assemblies
SOFTWARE SKILLS NEEDED (HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE):
- Mechanical design Software viz. NX, Pro-E/Creo…
- Data management using Teamcenter
WE’VE GOT QUITE A LOT TO OFFER. HOW ABOUT YOU?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about department at: http://www.siemens.co.in/about-us/siemens-financial-services-equipment-financing.htm and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time