Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a CAD Technician for our Rail Infrastructure, Electrification Design Team. This role will be based out of either our York or London offices.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road, and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!My role, and what I will be doing:
The CAD Technician will report directly to the CAD Manager and will support the Design Manager and Design Teams. You will assist the Electrification Lead CAD Engineer in ensuring that the business can effectively deliver CAD and BIM to meet client requirements. The role provides technical support at project level in the knowledge, application, and development of these areas. We are currently working on a wide variety of multi-disciplined AC & DC Electrification design and supply contracts in 2D and 3D across both Autodesk and Bentley platforms working in conjunction with teams across the UK.
The post holder will be responsible for producing and amending a variety of electrical engineering design drawings prepared by the Design Team. This will include preparing drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, charts and ordnance survey plans including various elevations in order to support the drawings; existing and new Substation layouts; cable route layouts etc.
In performing his role, you will work closely with the Design Manager, Design Team and all third-party designers to ensure an integrated design solution is presented for all projects. This will extend collaborating with Network Rail & London Underground our external approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support core CAD delivery across design team.
- To produce fully suitable drawings to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Provide support to the design team that covers cross field work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
- To ensure sufficient resources are obtained in a timely manner to meet programmed commitments.
- To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents.
- To ensure that all project designs are aligned with CDM regulations.
- Have a good understanding of H, S, E and Q legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
- Assist with the preparation of hand back documents for submission to the client, prepare and update ‘As Built’ drawings with information provided from site and attend site to collate information and confirm accuracy of records.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience will I need?
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience of 3D design tools.
- Proficiency in the following software packages as a minimum:
- Bentley MicroStation Connect Edition (2D & 3D)
- Bentley ProjectWise Explorer
- Navisworks or Bentley Navigator
- The ability to identify, interpret and apply client CAD standards where required.
- Proven safety management knowledge including CDM requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to undertake CAD clash detection.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- A good practical understanding of BIM is essential.
- Proficiency in the following software packages is desirable:
- AutoCAD (2D / 3D)
- Bentley Open Buildings Designer
- Bentley Substation
- Bentley Raceway Cable Management
- Use of SharePoint
- Demonstrable experience producing drawings for a substation environment.
- Knowledge of electrification design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working to Network Rail & London Underground CAD standards.
- Understanding of the practical application of BIM, 4D modeling.
- Point Cloud Data.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of dedicated individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1 #INSMO
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time