Siemens Large Drives Application Business is looking for an experienced Quality Inspector to work under minimal direction, and you will be responsible for examining materials for quality and defects. In this role you will reports directly to the Quality Supervisor.Responsibilities
The Quality Inspector II will be responsible to support all Quality projects and initiatives which include the understanding and execution of quality departmental processes, engineering drawings, supplier data sheets, purchase order requirements, written inspection plans, verbal instructions and function in a team environment. The utilization network files and company applications is essential to this position. Also responsible for one or more of the following:
- Read and understand basic mechanical / electrical blueprints, procedures, and work instructions to perform incoming inspection/first articles on electrical equipment and or in process/final inspections for VFDs.
- Coordinate repairs and/or questions regarding discrepancies with production or appropriate departments.
- Document records of inspection results, acceptance, rejection and other dispositions. Enter basis data into applicable databases.
- Facilitate the MRB (Material Review Board) rejection process; the timely disposition of material through the MRB process. Monitor MRB Stock with use of SAP.
- Maintain the segregation and organization of the MRB material holding areas
- Engage with Supplier Quality and Purchasing to resolve issues and coordinate the Return for Credit of rejected material.
- Assist in supplier / customer visits for purpose of source inspection, quality audits and/or witness tests and determining supplier acceptance.
- Identify quality nonconformance, submit supplier nonconformance forms for rejected material and make appropriate requests for internal and supplier corrective actions.
- Conduct training as the need arises and act as a mentor to fellow associates
- Represent Quality Department on cross-functional teams/meetings
- Utilize measurement tools as required to help facilitate inspections
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes prioritizing work area for orderliness at all times and ensuring work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, advised or assigned.
- Intermediate digital literacy required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
- SAP basic navigation skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) knowledge.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Satisfactorily meet requirements of Level 1 Inspector
- Associates degree in an electrical/mechanical field or a technical degree + 2 years related experience
- High School diploma and 3 years electrical/mechanical experience
- IPC 610/620 certification
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.