Are you an Applications Engineer experienced in design, implementation and test of data configurations and related software and tools for Train Control Systems? We would like to speak with you!
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
If you are interested to join our growing OCS (Operational Control System) team in Melbourne as Applications Engineer, we will offer you the support to make it happen!
This is your role. What part will you play?
In this role, you will apply and extend software tools and modelling data associated with development and test of system configuration data for Train Control Systems. You will:
- Review technical documentation and perform analysis and clarification of customer related data configuration and functional requirements.
- Perform work estimates and planning for modifications to existing OCS systems and for new applications of OCS systems.
- Prepare data design, data process and data test documentation according to project scope, operational requirements and system functionality.
- Engineer changes to software-based systems, including creation of and modifications to railway control models, railway signalling interfaces and dynamic graphical user interfaces.
- Configure and assemble the components and systems of the solution according to the specified requirements of the customer.
- Execute data integration test cases to ensure correct interaction and behaviour of individual elements, and identify, investigate and resolve faults in data processing or configuration.
- Identify opportunities for data design, development and test process improvement to increase quality and efficiency and extend or develop software tools to support such activities.
- Liaise with System, Signalling, Software and other engineers as part of a broader project delivery team, contributing where necessary across the project delivery lifecycle.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are an experienced Applications, Data or Software Engineer, preferably having domain knowledge in the Rail / Transport Industry, or Automated Control Systems. An understanding of railway signalling principles would be valuable.
- You bring software expertise in Scripting (Python, Perl, Unix shell or Windows scripting), Coding (C++ or Java), Macros, Excel and XML, and an interest in developing data processing automation tools and solutions.
- You possess analytical skills to investigate issues, systematically test and bug-fix complex system configurations.
- You have tertiary education in Computer Science, Control Systems, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time