Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to grow a career in an innovative environment. Our MRX Technologies business is a global pioneer in the development of automated inspection systems for rolling stock and rail infrastructure. With our highly motivated team of engineers and domain specialists we design and build sensors, software, and automated technologies to deliver the next generation of automated inspection systems. The products you build with us are deployed into critical infrastructure around the world, keeping passengers safe and ensuring goods arrive on time and at the lowest cost and environmental impact. Next time you or your family and friends take a train trip or pick up a parcel you might be able to say that it is your team that made it happen.
If you would like to work as a Product Manager based in our Perth office, we'll offer you the support to make it happen!
Have we got your interest? Look below for what part you could play
Reporting to the Head of Products and working with a team of local and global engineers you will manage the development of hardware and software products from whiteboard to field deployment. From the first pilot site to the 1000th customer, it will be the skills, hard work and influence you bring to the team that will ultimately result in success.
Your daily work might include:
- Using continuous discovery techniques to collect and prioritise requirements
- Review international tender requirements for compliance and market research
- Work with the R&D engineering team to discover technological solutions while managing time to market considerations.
- Align with sales and finance to optimise product pricing and packaging strategies
- Consult with customer service and support teams to identify and priorities improvements to usability, maintenance and obsolescence.
- Manage the buy, build, test and documentation of R&D prototypes as they move through the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management process.
- Create clear and compelling manuals and marketing collateral to promote new features into the market and ensure customers get the best value out of our systems.
- You have a degree in engineering, or business, marketing, economic related disciplines
- You are an experienced product manager and have developed embedded or cloud software and/or industrial hardware products
- You have IT know-how, an understanding of compliance and certification of industrial hardware, as well as experience with industrial software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels
- Experience in preparing proposals and conducting formal presentations
- Domain knowledge in Rail rollingstock maintenance would be desirable
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time