,,,Location: Bangalore, India
Organization: SHS TE DC IND DI-D&A PLM PRM TECD 2
Mode of employment: Full time
Job Description: The Technical Communications Manager (TC) is responsible for gathering inputs on the product requirements, identifying the requirements, and documenting them into the respective manuals of intended use. The TC should conceptualize the delivery of content and identify the tool to be used to deliver the conceptualized content.
The TC should ensure that the deliverables are made on time in accordance to the project plan timelines (complete and/or interim releases) and by following the Siemens Style Guide, Technical Writing rules, and the Document Development Life Cycle. The TC is also responsible for conducting the review of the documents as per the process requirements and archiving them in the designated repositories as per the quality requirements.
In addition to this, the TC is responsible for managing the localization and translation of the deliverables to the respective languages.
Internal Interactions: Product Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager, Development Team (e.g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architect, Developers, Testers), Usability Engineer, other stakeholders (e.g. Business Units)
What are my tasks?
• Develop and deliver assigned content based on requirements of products and processes.
• Plan, control and support tracking of documentation, training and learning activities according to project schedule.
• Adhere to product/organizational processes and quality guidelines for content creation and tooling.
• Participate in team planning discussions and execute review activities.
• Work in close coordination with technical teams, product and project management for planning and delivery.
• Regular reporting to team lead as well as stakeholders/partners on status, risks and issues.
• Identify and resolve gaps and inconsistencies in the existing documentation.
What do I need to know to qualify for this job?
Minimum Qualification: Any non-technical graduate (B.A., B.Sc, B.Com) or B.E/B.Tech/ – Electrical \ Electronics \ Computer Science
1 - 4 years of experience in professional technical writing. Freshers with desire to learn about Technical Writing are also welcome.
Experience working with global team, and flexible to work across partner time zones to suit work requirement
• Expertise in technical documentation (analysis, concept, design).
• Knowledge of content management systems, authoring tools, graphic tools, documentation standards and rules.
• Good understanding of database concepts and terminology.
• Awareness of the agile method of software development.
• Familiarity with understanding of XML files and the use of XSD files.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work as an individual contributor and take ownership.
• Should be willing to travel for project requirements.
The following competencies are desirable:
• Healthcare IT know how
• Clinical Workflow Knowledge
• Regulatory Requirements for medical devices (i.e. FDA 21CFR820QSR, ISO 13485)
• Presentation, Elicitation, Negotiation, Communication
• Product Standards (DICOM, IHE, etc.)
What experience do I need to have?
• Professional: Experience in conceptualizing, creating, and delivering documents as per technical documentation standards. Expertise in performing user analysis to determine the scope of update in a document. Expertise in working in a team environment.
• Project / Process: Experience in working in a SW development. Experience in agile development projects.
• Leadership: Experience with managing internationally staffed teams, management and balancing of different stakeholder expectations, management of product definitions.
• Intercultural: Experience with international/ intercultural teams.
What else do I need to be strong at?
• Self-starter and quick learner
• Self driven and Initiative
• Creative and strategic thinking
• Decision making skills
• Result orientation
• Self motivated and provides motivation and inspiration to the team
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Strong team player and networking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong customer focus
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers' needs.
In fiscal 2015, Siemens Healthcare had around 44,000 employees worldwide and posted a revenue worth 12.9 billion euros, and profits of more than 2.1 billion euros.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare providers worldwide to deliver high-quality patient care, and to do so affordably.
As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers continuously develop our portfolio further, from medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, to adding managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Turning product and service engineering into healthcare engineering
When thinking of engineering it comes down to bits and bytes, to pixels and voxels, to mg/dl and mmol/l. Is that not true? We believe it is, but only to a certain extent. We believe in engineering in a broader sense. Applying engineering and scientific skills, creativity, and persistence to solve the fundamental clinical, operational and financial challenges whenever and wherever they occur – that is what we believe in and what we strive for.
We have always been close to care providers, helping them to deliver better care for patients. Based on strong dedication to engineering excellence, we undertook many times pioneering role in helping healthcare professionals to improve care and extend it to more patients.
For the future it´s about further developing our traditional strengths in the imaging and diagnostics arena and complementing them with new offerings. We continuously expand into management, consulting, and digital services, and broaden our portfolio with, for example, advanced therapy solutions and molecular in‐vitro diagnostics.
At Siemens Healthineers we are connecting our product heritage, our global network of customers, our healthcare expertise, our project experience, and our service skills to holistically support you according to your needs – taking our excellence in product engineering to healthcare engineering.
About the business verticals that we are hiring for :
Read on more at:
http://www.healthcare.siemens.com/infrastructure-it and http://www.healthcare.siemens.com/medical-imaging-it
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time