(Senior) Firmware Engineer
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, mechanical engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
Work together with different engineers in our Agile development team, to design, implement, maintain, enhance, test and debug for Siemens IPC products. You will join our journey to the new industrial computing world and AI application.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
1. You design SW/FW with other engineers together for a new generation of IPC products, IoT and edge devices, or other intelligent systems by understanding the customer value.
2. You will be part of a newly created, fun, innovative, diverse, and international team.
3. You need to estimate the cost and effort of your work packages, and independently implement the work package with the balance of cost, schedule, and quality, continuous improvement for a better solution in projects.
4. You implement the software design, coding, testing, debugging, problem-solving, and reporting during the whole PLM process under the Agile context.
5. You need to support and conduct tests considering the test plan for end-to-end delivery and programming for automation tests.
6. You participate in the development environment setup with security consideration under support from the configuration manager.
7. In addition to your developer role, you can also take other functions like DevOps developer or scrum master in the future.
8. You love continuous learning and sharing with team members and be unafraid to bring new ideas forward.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Ideally you have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical programming experiences.
2. You have good logical and strategic thinking, debugging skills and have more than 5 years of professional experience in FW or embedded system development.
3. You should demonstrate expertise in C/C++ programing languages.
4. You should have strong knowledge to one of the ARM /RISCV/MIPS based processor and hardware peripheral.
5. You should have strong knowledge to the Linux kernel, driver, filesystem, and embedded system development.
6. Experience over modern machine vision, AI framework, GPU or other AI accelerator hardware/software is a strong plus.
7. Leading or contribution to the opensource project is a strong plus.
8. You are a quick learner for new technologies and technology trend.
9. You are fluent in English (oral and written) – additional languages are plus but not required.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time