Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Be part of our team as a HSE Manager (Site based) in Dubai.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensure the working environment is safe and secure for all the employees working within the Customer Service -Operation & Maintenance, and projects organization.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 15 HSE personnel with a workforce of about 500 employees at the site.
- Design safety, health, and environmental programs for the site and implement them effectively.
- Designing and structuring health, safety, and environmental program and implementing them effectively.
- Adept in leading accident investigation, formulating reports and effective analysis thereby coming up with leading indicators.
- Makes an active contribution to developing new standards and techniques that will provide direction and guidance to the employees, and make sure that the developed process is innovative and creative, and that the compliance requirements are interpreted well.
- Ensures the HSE team is proactively managed and trained continuously. The required training is identified as part of CPD and implemented to ensure the HSE team excels and contributes successfully to the business requirements.
- Review HSE policies to ensure they are updated and meet the current trends, and to assess the hazard and risk assessment (HIRA), JSA, etc.
- Develop new procedures as appropriate and effectively implement them in order to reinforce all required operational controls, focus inspections, SUSA audits, etc.
- Conversant with various methods like Causation theory, Fishbone analysis, etc. used in the industries.
- Design and carry out various training programs, ensure policies and procedures of HSE are being followed, and also make changes to stay abreast with the professional trends.
- Carry out safety audits and create awareness for employees in relation to safety obligations.
- Ensure the comments and safety complaints are being documented and that relevant disciplinary action has been enforced in case there is any violation and report it to the higher authority.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety/Industrial Engineering/Environmental science or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in health & safety in an Industrial field or a Project-based environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading & managing a team of 10 HSE personnel and a large workforce on site.
- Excellent in writing incident and investigation reports, and policies for health and safety.
- Diligent with great attention to detail, and good organizational skills.
- Well familiar with International Standards like ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015, and local safety regulations.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills, and proactive vision to make new changes that will positively affect the organization creating safe work culture.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage internal & external stakeholders, good to have worked in multiple cultural areas, adapting to the cultural work ethics as applicable.
- Having the competency certification (e.g. Lead Auditor ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015) is a plus.
- IOSH membership or a similar association is a plus.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) is a plus.
www.siemens.com/logistics if you would like to learn more about Siemens Logistics before submitting your application.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time