We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- The Smart Infrastructure Cost & Value Engineering team works with business unit partners on game-changing emerging technology projects that directly impact the future of their business and industries. Therefore as Architect, you will partner with clients across Smart Infrastructure to identify customer pain points, dive deep to understand their constraints, and work to design industry-specific products that will lead to improved outcomes for customers
- We’re looking for an accomplished technology veteran to work with multi-disciplinary teams of architects, product managers, software development teams, subject matter experts, usability researchers, to design, evangelize, and architect state-of-the-art digital platforms and solutions. You are able to earn trust with stakeholders, lead strategic technology exploration, think big about long term industry trends driving digitization, raise the technical bar on Smart Infrastructure products and solutions, facilitate innovative outcome-driven ideation and planning, develop prototypes, work across Smart Infrastructure to uncover and incubate game-changing technology, and generally GSD – Get Stuff Done
- As the successful candidate you will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical “face” of Smart Infrastructure within service and field teams
- You will be able to drive discussions with executives, senior technical and management personnel within clients and partners, as well as the technical background that enables them to interact with and give guidance to solution architects, data scientists, software developers, OT and IT pros
- As the ideal candidate you will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- You have several years of professional experience in the area of technical solution design and architecture and several years of experience in building industry products or driving industry transformation
- You have experience in building products for use by customers in at least one of the following industries: Energy Transmission & Distribution, Process Automation, Building Technology or E-mobility
- You are experienced in leading a major digital transformation in the industries mentioned above
- You can provide a successfully accomplished master's degree or graduate engineer (FH) in computer science, mathematics/statistics, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- You have experience in building products for physical operations including manufacturing, transportation, supply chain, energy systems or other industries
- You have hands on builder experience, are able to learn through building and reduce solution ambiguity through targeted prototype development and testing
- In addition, you have experience working with IoT, ML, advanced analytics, complex event progressing, and/or big data technologies
- You are familiar with business acumen and experience driving non-linear business outcome through technology solution and implementation at scale
- You distinguish yourself by executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
- You have operational experience with web services as well as traditional industrial applications, systems management, and security experience
- Fluent English and German skills round off your profile
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Work-Life-Balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time