Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a System Test & Commissioning Engineer to join our System Engineering team within the Rail Infrastructure, CIS business. This role will be based out of our head office in Ashby.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation, and commissioning.
Your role and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Test Engineering Manager, the Test Engineer undertakes the day-to-day responsibility for testing multidisciplinary projects working on their own initiative including creating and running the tests to ensure the quality and the functionality of our product. You will be involved in all phases of the testing program, from creating the test cases right through to customer witnessed functional acceptance test phases at Ashby Factory, Site acceptance testing, End to End testing support and finally Entry into service testing (Remote Site locations)
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Communicating with developers to identify the root cause of issues where necessary.
- Responsible for producing test procedures according to the test strategy for system integration testing.
- Responsible for the Factory Acceptance testing on site in Ashby. Customer Acceptance testing, Site Acceptance Testing, E2E, (End to End) testing Support and EIS (entry into Service Testing)
- Prioritising work and delivering within given deadlines.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage test tasks to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- The implementation of excellent verbal and numeric reasoning to positively influence both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for writing test cases, test specification and test scripts.
- Regularly report test progress and status.
- Be responsible for engineering assurance and governance by demonstrating compliance with standards, processes, procedures, and requirements.
- Lead the provision of estimating for test tasks with regard to engineering deliverables, resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure test tasks are delivered in accordance with the Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Responsible for owning, maintaining, and developing their own professional competence and personal development.
- Able to clearly communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, test metrics, bug reporting and other relevant information to the test leadership team.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
- Proven experience as a Software/System Test Engineer ideally related to an Engineering domain
- Proven experience and understanding of system integration testing for complex systems.
- Understanding of project milestones and impact of own work on their achievement.
- Proficient handling experience in using ALM tools (Polarion would be advantage).
- Proficient in writing tests cases, test specifications and test scripts.
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (desirable)
- Able to demonstrate a proven understanding and experience of software test methodologies throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive technical documentation.
- Willingness to travel in the UK & overseas if required.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time