Siemens Large Drives - is an almost $2 billion global business with over 7,000 employees across 46 countries. Our 127,000 medium voltage motors and drives in the field power the world’s most important industries. Our name stands for market-leading products, services, and solutions. Our goal is to be a great place to work for employees and to be a reliable partner to our customers.
We are looking for a dynamic Manufacturing Manager that will be responsible for leading the day-to-day manufacturing activities within the Rotors and Machining areas in a unionized site with operational excellence as a goal. In this role you will drive a strong safety culture throughout the department to become world class. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. You will lead and direct staff including: 2 supervisors, 1 process engineers and ~50 hourly employees.Responsibilities:
- Leads sophisticated product manufacturing to ensure that cost efficiency, manufacturability, quality and safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
- Conduct periodic safety audits with department(s).
- Ensure all safety requirements for both OSHA and site specific are adhered to.
- Coordinate with both upstream and downstream manufacturing managers and production control to meet production requirements.
- Leads the development of accuracy and availability of sophisticated procedures to support product modifications and assembly.
- Leads the establishment of costs, variances, inventory and material transactions.
- Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
- Work closely with union leadership to ensure a collaborative relationship.
- Work closely with function leads to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Define and develop manufacturing strategy with function leads.
- Excel and develop Shop Floor Management, drive sustainable problem solutions.
- Understand, live and improve value stream mapping/design.
- Optimally define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to acquire optimum efficiency.
- Impact of decisions on business operations can have a high level of impact.
- Develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
- Fixes and resolves sophisticated problems.
- May be responsible for overall success of function or project.
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS degree in mechanical, or related engineering degree
- 3-5 years of proven track record leading a production area including general manufacturing practices, manufacturing engineering, production control etc
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Tight-knit collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Experience in ERP systems, ex: SAP
- Experience in initial elements of Industry 4.0
- Experience in supervising large machining equipment ie: lathes, grinders, CNC machines
Has solid understanding of Stamping/die production, die maintenance and machine tool equipment processes including manual/CNC lathes and boring mills.
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Experience in an Engineer to Order environment is helpful.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.