>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
The Digital Services Building Engineer (DSE) assembles customer HVAC assets in Siemens cloud analytics software to enable ongoing Fault Detection & Diagnostics (FDD) analysis. During lifecycle, the DSE monitors HVAC equipment performance and either reports findings to the customer or coordinates with remote or onsite automation and/or mechanical specialists to resolve the faults identified at the customer’s building.
This role is part of the Data Driven Services group in Siemens Smart Infrastructure Digital Service Center (DSC). Our goal is to turn building data into intelligence that yield building owners and service teams with informed recommendations to improve building performance. We strive to reduce energy usage and improve HVAC equipment and system reliability. In this role you will help ensure that buildings run the way they were designed or update their operations to meet current space needs. You will have the opportunity to work with teams across the US and Canada.
The DSC is headquartered Austin, Texas. Our team is constantly growing due to an expanding presence in our market. We are looking for new hires in one of two DSE levels based on certifications and years of experience.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or applicable technical degree
- Level II: CEM & Engineer in Training (EIT) or PE License preferred
- Level III: CEM or PE License required
- Level II: 4 - 8 years of energy management or HVAC systems design experience
- Level III: 8+ years of energy management or HVAC system design experience, advanced degrees preferred
- Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives
- Up to 5% travel is required for intermittent Austin based events
- Knowledge of facility and maintenance operations, maintenance best practices, and HVAC energy efficiency measures
- Experience with building retro-commissioning, building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses
- Familiarity with data logging equipment and building automation systems trending
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and software
- Able to adjust communication style to work with a variety of roles and interested parties
- Confidence presenting recommendations and reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Understands components and operation methods of Air Handling Units, Water and Air-cooled Chillers, Cooling Towers, Boilers, Pumps, and Air/Water Distribution systems. Including physical and programmed components.
- Identifies faults and root cause to suggest control changes to improve building operational and energy efficiency
- Becomes a subject matter expert of Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) for HVAC systems
- Compiles customer facing reports and list of action items for operational improvements
- Estimates project energy and operational cost savings
- Studies customer’s building management system and mechanical design documents to select data points for analysis and to understand the existing operational intent.
- Selects rules to be applied for FDD, taking into consideration the relationship and interdependency of multiple building systems and their equipment.
- Develops project structure and equipment parent/child relationships
- Consults in the development of service offerings (feasibility, workflow, software, reporting structure, cost estimates etc.)
- Collaborates with software teams to discuss workflow and software product requirements
- Contributes to rule development and improved data analysis strategies
- Familiarity with HVAC system and building controls. Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes
- Ability to read and understand design documentation (drawings, sequences of operation, schedules etc.)
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Manages deliverable deadlines independently
- Dresses professionally when necessary and comfortable working in a collaborative office environment
- Proficient in French is a desirable quality, but not required
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.