Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
This is a product management role, responsible for Switches and Sockets within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Electrical Products business unit (SI EP) under IAA PRM. This role is a HQ function, located within the Segment IAA (India, ASEAN and Africa) and is focusing on establishment the switches and sockets business for Siemens in India. The role is responsible for the business success (volume and profit), product roadmaps, business plans, new product introductions, product positioning and overall product lifecycle management.
- Responsible for Sales, Margins & Profitability of Switches and Sockets
- Product roadmap development / management
- Launching new products
- Product positioning in terms of price and performance
- General product lifecycle management from inception to obsolescence
- Identify product gaps and strategize to introduce new products and manage cannibalization
- Align product positioning and product benchmarking
- Develop and implement business plans that highlight competitive landscape and customer needs
- Define development targets for new development as well as run cost optimization projects
- Create and maintain sales support tools like:
- Winning Guides
- Catalog & Brochure
- Demo models for sales offices
- Marketing campaigns
- Competitor comparison
- Region specific marketing materials
- Communicate with industry experts, partners, consultants etc. to develop focus marketing activities for product push
- This is a cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many regional and HQ functions including R&D, Business Region, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing
- Maintain technical/commercial database for existing/upcoming products into various platforms e.g., SAP, Material Master etc.
- Enhance knowledge of Sales & Service colleagues by conducting periodic training programs and competency enhancement programs
- Interface with factory for manufacture planning, new product ramp-up etc.
- Evaluate Market size, growth rate etc. based on inputs from various internal & external market models in alignment with regional colleague
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about Smart Infrastructure at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/topic-areas/smart-infrastructure.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time