Are you an experienced Systems Integration and Test Engineer with sound knowledge of testing techniques, hardware and software capabilities and understanding of the expected system behaviour? Do you want to be part of a capable Engineering Team with a unified focus in project delivery, working together to develop effective solutions and overcome challenges in a growing industry?
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
If you are interested to join our growing OCS (Operational Control System) team in Melbourne as a Systems Integration and Test Engineer, we will offer you the support to make it happen!
Change the future with us and be an important contributor with a critical role in flagship rail infrastructure projects.
You will contribute by developing test and commissioning strategies, test cases, test environments, internal and formal customer witnessed test execution, installation of new systems, deployment of changes onto existing systems and on-site correspondence and commissioning support.
- Support in analysis and evaluation of OCS related customer requirements and review technical OCS Documentation.
- Develop Test Documentation based on project scope and inputs, operational requirements, and system functionality.
- Execute test cases as per planned phases to facilitate operational readiness and acceptance activities.
- Raise issues in a clear, concise manner and where applicable support OCS data and software engineering teams with investigation.
- Create and administer virtual and physical test and development environments based on project and resource requirements.
- Liaise with System, Signalling and Networking Teams (internal and external) to investigate and report issues during Integration Test phases.
- Assist with installation of system packages into Test, Integration and Operational Environments with a provision of onsite support as per project requirements.
- Develop automation capabilities for repetitive test scenarios with a goal to increase efficiency during Regression test phases.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You are an experienced Test Engineer, preferably having domain knowledge in the Rail / Transport Industry, or Automated Control Systems.
- You are a Systems Administrator with Linux Operating System, ESXI virtualisation, HP Server and Desktop domain knowledge.
- You have demonstrated capability in stakeholder communication, consultations and technical negotiations with customer operations and maintenance staff.
- We’d love to see your prior experience in the area of Operation Control Systems, with preferably some experience in brownfield rail.
- You have tertiary education in Computer Science, Control Systems, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time