Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
Siemens Mobility Spain (Siemens Mobility SLU + Siemens Rail Automation) want to join an ATC MT Engineer for a project in Mexico (including delegation to the country).
Responsible for the application engineering of ATC signaling equipment according to the project and product specifications, covering both hardware and software specification, definition of interface specification, design of communications interfaces, creation of test specifications and documentation, execution and support of static and dynamic tests.
The ATC MT Engineer role offers you the possibility to work in an international and multidisciplinary engineering team, facing challenging projects both in the national and international markets.
This position includes the delegation to Mexico between 1,5 and 2,5 years.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Project requirements analysis activities at ATC sub-system level.
• Participation in all the phases of the hardware and software ATC application engineering cycle, including the requirements specification, implementation, commissioning, …
• Preparation of specific technical documentation according to the requirements of the project and / or applicable regulations.
• Creation and review of interface specification between ATC and other subsystems and rolling stock.
• Creation of project specific documentation regarding ATC (track parameters, track map, etc.).
The following list includes valuable skills for the ATC MT Engineer role. If you fulfil several of them, we are interested to meet you and to arrange an interview.
• Experience in a Rail Signaling business
• Knowledge of one or more ATC signaling technologies for applications in Mass Transit (like DTG, CBTC, …).
• Use of engineering tools such as AutoCAD, ...
• Advanced capabilities in data analysis by use of Microsoft Excel, including creation VBA macros.
• Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation. Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
• Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, PVCS, ...
• Knowledge of railway CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
• Availability to travel.
• Experience in international projects and ability to work with teams distributed in several countries.
• Ability to work in teams, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
• Fluent written and spoken Spanish.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time