Microbiology Technician – Llanberis – North Wales
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We’re looking for a Microbiology Technician to join our Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility in Llanberis, Wales. The facility, located in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
The primary function of this role is to perform microbiological testing of raw materials, products, equipment and production environments in-line with all associated procedural and health and safety requirements. Working with a team of approx. 3-5 people, microbiological testing required by business must be completed to a high quality at the right time to achieve both department and individual scorecard targets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform microbiological testing of raw materials, products, equipment and production environments in line with all relevant procedures. Ensure that all testing results are entered accurately and highlight any trends or anomalies to the Microbiology Supervisor.
- Competent raising of QN's in the event of out-of-specification results. Resolve minor equipment and process issues and escalate appropriately as required.
- Complete all documentation accurately, and in line with GDP. Support updates to Microbiology documentation as required.
- Proactively identify process improvements and support implementation to ensure that the site scorecard targets can be achieved.
- Prioritise daily tasks such as testing, cleaning and data entry, and complete within the timescale allocated.
- Ensure compliance at all times with relevant Quality and Environmental Standards e.g. BS EN, ISO90001, ISO 13486, Company Environmental Policies, US FDA Regulations (QSR 21 CFR parts 11 and 820) and relevant European Directives as documented within our companies QM System.
- To comply at all times with Health and Safety policies and procedures, highlighting and actual or potential Health and Safety issues to the Microbiology Supervisor in a timely manner. Investigate and close EHS CHESS Portal entries and complete departmental Risk Assessments.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area, conducting all work activities in line with GMP, GLP and GDP.
- Operate and maintain complex equipment and processes following all associated procedures and flag any equipment outside calibration or specification.
- Identify the root cause of any out of specification trends and take action to correct.
Your experience and skills:
- Degree in relevant scientific subject or equivalent experience desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of bacteria, yeasts and moulds; specifically their characteristics, appearance and identification utilising systems currently in use within the Microbiology department.
- Familiarity of lean manufacturing processes including knowledge of GLP, GMP and GDP.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis.
- Extensive understanding of I.T Literacy, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access.
- Ability to communicate with all areas of an organisation including other QC groups, IT, Service Engineers, Technical Operations Supervisors and Technicians.
We have great benefits including, 26 days holiday with the option to buy or sell an additional 5, up to 10% employer pension contribution, share scheme, bonus scheme, access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover, Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year, support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working. Siemens Healthineers are Great Place to Work Certified and a Top 100 Rate My Apprenticeship employer.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time