Siemens Mobility are looking for a Lean Professional to join our Project Management Office team in our Rolling Stock/Customer Services (RS/CS) business. This is a key role in enabling and supporting the organisation in delivering continuous improvement of our operational activities.
We are looking for someone with an open and innovative mindset and demonstrable experience of delivering business and operational improvements. Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, you will play a key part of our organisational success, ensuring best practice processes in our operations.
Travel will be required between our main Rolling Stock / Customer Services sites across the UK all the way from Glasgow to South of England therefore we are happy to consider applications from across the UK. Working from home will also be possible due to the recently adopted “new normal” working hours.
What are your responsibilities?
- Challenge existing and established practices, identify improvement opportunities and lead or support, a variety of (sometimes multi-functional) projects
- Share best practice and knowledge of Lean and other CI toolkits
- Promote positive change within the business by facilitating CI/lean (Kaizen) events, to ensure the production teams operate in the most efficient manner
- Utilising the Six Sigma ‘DMAIC’ Improvement Cycle, identify and undertake projects in line with growth program
- Embed key ‘Lean’ stable foundations into the teams - such as Standardised work, Visual management, and controls, 5S, Just-in-Time, JIDOKA
- Conducting process mapping and value stream mapping activities to identify inefficiencies and implement improvement activities
- Evaluate the performance of existing processes, using appropriate structured techniques to drive performance improvement
- Design, specify and implement new processes alongside the production teams to deliver technology, innovations, and other improvements with the aim of maximising profitability and business growth through Continuous Improvement
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis by using appropriate problem-solving tools and methodologies by analysing data, identifying key failure drivers to mitigate a repeat defect
- Providing accurate, timely updates and report on progress using several communication tools and techniques
- Manage multiple improvement projects and pipelines of work across several sites, locations and customers
- Deploying appropriate methodologies to problem solving and support teams to solve problems and to ensure the escalation process for problem solving is effective
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Lean Six Sigma Qualification (Green Belt Minimum)
- Strong work history or working within an environment of supporting and leading on continuous improvement activities within lean manufacturing environments
- Be an expert in use and deployment of Lean tools, techniques and methods
- Evidence of continuous improvement initiatives and/or projects (DMAIC etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to train and conduct lean workshops
- Understanding of manufacturing / engineering processes
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functions
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Self-motivated with a "can do" attitude
- Someone who is focused on achievement
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Full UK driving licence
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time