Do you want to help shape the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Engineer (GRIP Title: Service Engineer) based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our global team: Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture: Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Areas of Responsibilities:
· Complete a broad scope of technical tasks related to quality assurance tests on customer’s equipment and systems among others.
· You contribute to or conduct the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories
· You contribute to or execute activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management
· You will support all service processes and ensure optimal performance & efficiency in all process activities related to your area of responsibility
· You will participate in training courses, including self-study, computer courses and on the job training as well as participate in skills development and knowledge transfer within the Customer Service Team.
· You will perform any other duties that may reasonably be expected from a Customer Service Engineer, including Corrective Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Quality Assurance Tests, Installations etc.
· You provide functional advice and guidance to colleagues and customers.
· You communicate and accept all operative advice from the Customer Care Centre; Supporting the SERVOR Service process and ensure optimal performance in all process activities related to within your area of responsibility
· You escalate incidents according to the defined parameters and inform The Customer care Centre on all escalation issues. You Inform Uptime Service Centre on all escalation issues and Report any customer complaints with proper documentation to the CCC.
· You must Ensure the proper use of tool & test equipment and report the usage on any related service report.
· You must Comply to national and local regulations and safety standards, as well as technical and operational guidelines from Siemens Healthcare
· You must Maintain highest customer satisfaction, in particular within the framework of Siemens Healthcare, Customer Services
· All responsibilities and jobs must be performed as cost-effectively as possible, taking profitability into account
Qualifications and Training:
· Diploma in Electrical Engineering (light current) or Clinical Engineering or similar technical qualification
· Technical experience in the Healthcare sector of greater than 7 years in the repair and maintenance of Digital/Analog Imaging equipment
· You must have actual experience conducting Quality Assurance (QA) tests
· Previous Siemens Healthineers OEM product training and product experience is advantageous
· Deep professional know-how and experience in field of expertise.
· Solid professional judgement
- This role provides support mainly for the South Africa region however you may be required to support other regions and countries.
- You need to have a valid passport
- You need to have a valid South African driver’s license.
- You must not have restrictions to travel within SADC and abroad.
- You must be able to work overtime during week and weekends as well as on public holidays.
- You must be available on short notice to travel country wide and to Africa due to operational requirements and on long term projects as well as travel outside of the region to assist nationally.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
Diversity and Inclusion
Siemens Healthineers is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
At Siemens Healthineers, we take our differences to heart. We are a strongly knit team of 65,000 Healthineers all driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of healthcare. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to equality for all. Our people are all talented in their own unique way. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas enable us to push boundaries and create new innovative technologies for our customers and patients all over the world. Working with us, you will be part of an international working environment made up of diverse teams and cultures, an environment where everyone is valued and recognized.
***Mandatory: Preference will be given to South African candidates from designated groups in line with our company’s Employment Equity targets. Candidates with disabilities are equally welcome to apply.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time