Senior Firmware Developer Smart PLC
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, firmware engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
The Business Line Smart and LOGO! is responsible for the expansion of the Micro Automation portfolio worldwide with the products and systems for LOGO! and the regional system S7-200 SMART Automation as complete systems including peripherals and engineering software, web services, etc.
Work in an Agile development team, to be the technical lead of firmware design of next generation Smart PLC embedded engineering system.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
1. You will focus on the FW design and Architecture design for Siemens PLC products.
2. You will be a team player in a cross functional (product management, HW dev and manufacture) and cross continental (China, Germany, and USA) team.
3. You will need to actively contribute to the whole Product Life Cycle Management process including phases of planning, developing, massive manufacture and maintenance.
4. You will need to smartly convert your expertise in embeded software engineering, Agile practice, DevOps solutions, and Product Security, into the customer values of Siemens products.
5. You will need to consistently improve your outputs, and ensure an on time delivery with high quality even under the pressure of limited schedule and cost.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.
2. 7+ years of embedded software development and 3+ years in C/C++. ARM platform development experience will be a big plus.
3. Substantial knowledge and experiences in RTOS(Real-Time Operating System) software development including SSL/TCP/IP and driver.
4. Experience in embedded software development on microcontrollers for real-time applications, system analysis, architecture, and design.
5. Experience on industrial communication protocols (e.g. PROFINET, MODBUS and S7) is a plus.
6. Experience on industrial automation system (e.g. motion control, PID control and expansion module) is a big plus.
7. Knowledge of innovative software development methods (Clean code, Test Driven Development, Unit Tests) supervise type testing and transfer the products into production.
8. Basic knowledge of the function of field buses, programmable logic controllers and their programming.
9. Good communication skill and coding skills.
10. Fluent in English.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time