- Lead and/or drive development of ESPC and other energy construction projects
- Work with team to identify client infrastructure needs and goals to help qualify energy efficiency project opportunities
- Interact with the customer on all project development activities and functions
- Set assessment (e.g., preliminary Assessment and Investment Grade Audit) objectives and maintain responsibility for goals and the quality of the audit
- Manage the audit budget, schedule and financial pro-forma
- Assess, communicate and uncover opportunities to mitigate project risk with the proposed projects
- Develop basis of design, scopes, estimates and final proposals reports (investment grade audits)
- Develop/enhance processes and tools for project development, implementation and performance period
- Coordinate with Energy Engineers to conduct comprehensive energy and water audits of a wide range of facility types.
- Review the ECM Write-Ups and other technical proposal sections provided by the Energy Engineers.
- Coordinate the deal structure, proposal document strategy and tactics with the Account Executive.
- Manage and coordinate the technical solution elements of the Proposal Team including:
- Managing the proposal team consisting of an Account Executive, Energy Engineer(s) proposal specialist
- Drive in all stages of the development process through technical presentations of the proposed projects
- Work closely with the finance team to develop financial proformas and assist in developing financial deal structure
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, construction/project management or related degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in developing, managing and implementing a range of Federal Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC) or related energy design build projects, including MEP construction and lighting projects
- Energy Industry knowledge in developing energy conservation or management projects such as Cogeneration, Demand Side Management, Renewable energy technologies, Supply Side Management and HVAC energy reduction projects
- Experience with US Federal Government contracting
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover and subsequent O&M of energy projects
- Experience in energy auditing
- Experience applying various incentive programs to support project financials (rebates, tax incentives, etc.
- Professional engineering registration preferred, CEM also preferred
- Experience with measurement and verification of savings for performance contracts
- Project cost accounting and estimating experience a plus
- Must have strong writing and oral communications skills
- Team Management
- Form and lead Project Development Team
- Coach and develop members of Project Development Team
- Manage cross functional teams
- Facilitate communication among and between project teams and other stakeholders
- Ability to clearly explain technical information internally and externally to the customer
- Report on financial status of projects to stakeholder
- Strong computer skills including Excel, MS Project and Word
- Candidate must be US citizen and ability to obtain US Federal Agency security clearance if later required.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.