Are you a creative and technically ambitious lecturer looking to develop skills and curriculum content in-line with industry’s leading-edge approach to Engineering, Digitalisation and Industry 4.0? Would your institution benefit from forging links with a leading global engineering company? Would you like to work on the latest engineering, manufacturing and automation technology? Are you looking for an exciting next step to supercharge your academic career? If yes, gain an academic secondment with us at Siemens to see for yourself how our approach to technology differs from any other.
Seconded in our Connected Curriculum team, you will gain experience across a broad range of Industry 4.0 and Digitalisation technologies. Your work will help ensure you and your institution are kept abreast of the latest developments from our cutting-edge technologies. Your efforts will help ensure that learners across the sector are provided with the latest industrial skills to drive the engineering and manufacturing sector forward. Watch the following to find out more:-
Embark on an academic secondment with us to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required to drive you skills forward. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to super charge your academic skills and knowledge in Digitalisation and Industry 4.0. Typical activities in this role include:-
- Help build Digital Twins using Siemens unique technologies
- Implement and explore cloud-based IIoT solutions using MindSphere
- Use our Digital Enterprise automation portfolio to build novel solutions
- Help mentor and support students and leading academics from our partner institutions
- Interface with Siemens leading technical experts across the globe
- Help produce educational resources that showcase the latest technological approaches
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive lecturers that demonstrate the following:
- A solid background in Engineering, Manufacturing or Automation
- A broad lecturing experience across a range of relevant technologies
- A need and desire to develop academic resources to help learners understand what is happening at the forefront of Digitalisation and Engineering technologies
- An interest in working collaboratively between industry and academia to help improve the quality and relevance of engineering education
- Experience with Siemens existing technologies would be an advantage
What else do I need to know?
This role will particularly suit candidates who want to:-
- Update or develop new content for their departmental lecturing delivery
- Develop new modules, programmes or provision for their institution
- Update their technical expertise in the Digitalisation and Manufacturing Automation
- Establish new professional networks across Siemens globally and within our global academic network
Funding for this role will be made through the Royal Academy of Engineering Industrial Fellowship scheme. Applications which are unsuccessful for RAE funding through the scheme may still be elible for an unpaid secondment where payments in-kind from Siemens would be made through the following:-
- Provision of Siemens Industrial Digital Enterprise technology stack at no cost
- Support for funding bid proposals and other initiatives
- Training on a range of Siemens technologies
The role can be performed remotely although some travel to Siemens headquarters may be required. Line manager/institutional support will be required for your application. Further details regarding the application process will be provided through a live on-line seminar which candidates will be invited to once they apply.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Part-time