Join our SI team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
You will perform troubleshooting and warranty repairs to Medium Voltage Equipment. Close communication with both Wendell associates and our Customer is critical to your success. You'll travel to execute the work detailed in the customer cases and associated field service events.
You'll work with customers in a professional manner, even in situations where the customer may be under significant pressure to resolve the issues at hand.
You'll report to the field service manager within the EM MS Operations Customer Service team.
Overall responsibility is to travel to customer site or Siemens location to successfully execute the planned scope of work within a timely manner.
- The scope will include activities that can be both mechanical and electrical in nature. Technical Resources are available to assist with needed implementation as required.
- You will provide a detailed, professional written field service report within 48 hours of each event.
- We utilize an Online Tool for proper time keeping, communication for each customer case as well as loading of reports and other pertinent information. This tool is called Salesforce.com and you'll be given training to ensure your familiarity.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
- Up to 100% travel (May require some International Travel as well)
- Professional communication skills - both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computing skills (Office, drawing interpretation, web based program use, etc.)
- A dedicated Team Player attitude and Self-motivated personality
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Flexibility to respond to Emergency Service Requests as needed
- Knowledge of Industry Safety Practices
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Step to the front of the pack if you have:
- Industry experience working on Medium Voltage power equipment
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.