The candidate will be responsible for testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and completing modifications to next generation Coaches and Locomotives. The technician will need to be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Functional checks of system equipment, control software, and functional operation of various suppliers’ control units.
- Execute test validations and when issues arise, diagnose electrical malfunctions in control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective actions needed.
- Must be able to use PTU’s (laptops) and software diagnostics to troubleshoot various systems onboard the vehicles.
- Testing vehicles in static and dynamic conditions. Perform electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic system modifications on Coaches & Locomotives as outlined in work instructions and supporting drawings and schematics.
· Identify errors/improvements to test procedures and follow-up with off-site support team to ensure changes are implemented.
- Must regularly document the completion of work, test results, repairs, and compile reports.
- Read, interpret, and understand written directions of mechanical/electronic information.
- Work with shop industrial equipment, power tools, electrical and mechanical hand tools.
- Self-starter that takes pride in the quality of their work and can perform in teams or independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate with others both verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Follow verbal and written directions.
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship.
- Expected to contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross training will be required to cover business needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in electronics or relevant field.
- Technical/Electronics certification preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient in software tools such as MS Word and Excel; and have the ability to learn software databases such as Salesforce and SAP.
- Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic systems and troubleshooting.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, and/or different shifts as necessary based on project needs (with prior notice)
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to be considered.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.