- In your new role, you will be responsible for the engineering of the automation part for industrial solutions in the mining sector.
- The focus is on the portfolio elements MAQ (Material and Quality Handling) for storage location systems and Minewinder (conveyor machines).
- These solutions are based on the TIA Portal engineering suite.
- The project teams work methodically using the SCRUM method with the AZURE DevOps tool (Microsoft).
- Together with the R&D managers, they help design the core modules of MAQ as a standard for the customer projects.
- You will then take over the engineering and customer-specific adaptation in the customer projects, as well as the implementation of special requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- They are involved in the system tests, which usually take place in the company's own test fields, where simulation tools such as SIMIT are used in addition to the project control cabinets.
- As the projects are international, you will work together with colleagues from regional Siemens locations (e.g., in India, South Africa, Brazil).
- Commissioning support on the customer's plant is also part of your job.
- As a special topic, the aspect of machine safety (SIL 2) is increasingly coming to the fore.
- The basis of your success is a completed bachelor's or master's degree (or diploma) in the field of automation technology, computer science or information technology or corresponding several years of professional experience as an automation technician.
- Ideally, you also have knowledge in the field of mining or alternatively knowledge in the process industry.
- Your assertive personality with very good communication skills in a global environment distinguishes you, as does your pronounced understanding of process technology combined with a "hands-on" mentality.
- Experience in international assignments combined with cultural understanding and language skills are desirable.
- A willingness to travel globally for short periods of time (one to two months) is a prerequisite.
- Personally, you will impress us with your communication skills and your enjoyment of working in a team.
- Very good English and German skills round off your profile.
mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time