Siemens Mobility Ltd are looking for 2 Senior Project Engineers to join their our Rail Infrastructure team in Chippenham
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide support to engineering team leadership to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through the management of performance and the development of the team and will involve the coordination of all engineering disciplines within projects. The Senior Project Engineer will also be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on a large project or on several medium-sized projects.
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering preferably mass transit or automated railway operation.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- A1 Assessor Qualification
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time