Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Motion Control Digital Industries Division as a Material Controller and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position is based in our Congleton office on a hybrid remote basis and will report to the Head of Material Control for Congleton.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Resolving purchase order exceptions (currently in excess of 2k daily)
- Managing supplier deliveries for set days
- PO Management
- Expediting requirements
- Improve communication / automation to suppliers by way of system improvement & interpersonal relationships & seek process improvements with enthusiasm and demonstrate a willingness to adapt & facilitate change.
- 8D / A3 type investigations,
- PDCA to resolve & prevent reoccurrence
- Reviewing & approve invoices; BSC & KPI report preparation; OSCAR participation & analysis
- Able to present to wider teams and stakeholders and suppliers
- Working collaboratively with suppliers & other departments to improve our relationship & process with suppliers. Actions include Vendor rating, rolling out re-useable packaging, milk rounds, transport optimization, EDI coverage, logistic models & delivery queries
- Experienced user with SAP / EDI
- Material Master maintenance e.g. lot sizes, order frequencies and lead times
- Ideally Visualisation Tools (e.g. Mendix, Celonis, Qlik Sense , Tableau )
- Ability to work both within a team atmosphere, and be able to work individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced IT skills, Excel / PowerPoint & SAP
- Analytical, with an eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach
- Great interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Good organisational & prioritization skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
· Working with all areas of the business to become more productive: CIP (Kaizen, Continuous Improvement) and LIO (Lean in the Office).
Use your skills to move the world forward.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time