Siemens Smart Infrastructures rely on the combination of smart grids and smart buildings by combining physical solutions and digitalization in all areas of electrification and automation. Ingeniously it connects energy systems, buildings and industries to improve the way we live and work through greater efficiency and sustainability.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland with about 7,400 colleagues who are responsible for the solutions and services business. This makes Siemens SI the market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further!
What role will you play?
Electromobility is one of the growth markets with significant influence on the mobility but also the energy market. As a major player in the energy market, Siemens intends to take a leading position in this growth market. Within our team you have the opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment and to take ownership in flat hierarchies. On the other hand, you benefit from the support of a large corporation when it comes to actually implementing your own ideas.
As Test Center Engineer for Charging Stations you will be responsible for the technical set-up and execution of system and integration tests. You will play a key role in the development and certification process of our products and systems. You will be part of the product approvals and for the further development of existing test technology and automated tests using modern technology and tool chains.
• You define test strategies, plan tests and supervise test activities with the aim of improving existing test methods. You will also work within a team to automate test environments, evaluate test metrics and error analysis
• They ensure transparency about the test progress, point out possible risks or problems and their impact on our development projects in good time and present the status to the global product compliance manager.
• Furthermore, you will find opportunities for improvement in the test strategy and the test management process on the basis of the defined and determined critical metrics and introduce these into the product life cycle process in consultation with the global product compliance manager.
• The organization of the implementation and/or monitoring of type tests from the concept phase with test planning to development-accompanying tests and optimizations to CE type testing and type approval in accordance with national and international regulations in the field of electric charging systems, is part of your further tasks.
• Maintain a lively exchange of information and experience with test colleagues at the other locations and cooperate closely with various testing and inspection institutes.
We are looking for:
• Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar field
• 3+ years of experience in the field of system testing and type testing as well as extensive knowledge of standards
• Intercultural experience and e-mobility knowledge as distinguish factor
• Good practical knowledge of defect tracking tools and test management systems
• Superb communication and analytical skills
• Business proficient in English
What makes us proud as an employer:
• The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines)
• Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
• Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association)
• Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
• 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest Portuguese tech community platform)
We are thrilled to have:
A hybrid working model with a flexible working hours policy in order to promote work life balance. A budget for setting up a home office, health insurance and a financial support program for your studies
You also have a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility to work in a fresh, relaxed, and always motivated environment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time