Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
Be a part of the team creating the trainsets for the future of North America! In this position you will be coordinating the development of quality criteria and tools to ensure the Charger locomotive and Venture railcar vehicles meet all process and product requirements.
- Development of entire quality plan deployment including quality procedure, quality gate requirements and down to discreet quality records implementation
- Oversight and support of quality assurance activity including monitoring of process, product quality information ensure proper integration in Operations
- Integration of quality processes with enterprise resource planning
- Development of quality inspection automation using digital twin, process automation and smart mobile apps
- Proceeds with qualified, routine and non-routine Quality tasks.
- Applies equipment, tools, methods, agile procedures and software applications.
- Through his responsible actions influences a high quality culture and is the first point of contact for questions about quality in the working environment.
- Actively promotes continuous improvement
- Acts according to guidelines and initiates appropriate measures in case of deviations from the agreed quality standard.
- Coordinate the streamlined reporting of quality inspection activity
- Support QA activity on strategic, tactical items and additional Quality Planning activities as assigned by QMiP, QM Director
- 5 years of experience in production of technically complex, sophisticated manufacturing
- Strong quality inspection experience using visual, mechanical inspection techniques using engineering requirements including print reading, interpretation of requirements, and structured reporting
interpersonal skills working with teams in a dynamic high paced environment
Strong problem solving, process mapping, and continuous improvement skills
- Experience working with Microsoft 365, Forms, workflow development
- ASQ Certified Technician desired
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.