Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive - leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how - unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
Based in the Siemens Mobility Derby facility, the successful candidate for this role will be expected to support pre-production activities and production activities for the ETCS OBU: Freight Project as per the project’s requirements. This will include interaction with multiple Siemens departments, external design companies, external fitment partners, customer, and suppliers.
- Working closely with Siemens Installation Manager, Fitment Partner, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Factory and Customer the Production Engineer shall be responsible for:
- Managing, raising, and closing of Technical Queries at fitment partner(s) sites
- Instructing the Factory on manufacturing requirements in conjunction with Materials Manager
- Carry out formal reviews of Designs and modification instructions relating to fitment
- Working with fitment partners to optimize installation methods
- Produce and maintain installation documentation
- Assist in fault resolution as a first line response
- Control documentation in accordance with project requirements
- Structure the technical content on the Bill(s) of Materials and lead the resolution of technical issues
- Ongoing management of the Bill of Materials to ensure all engineering changes are captured accurately.
- Support the fitment partner (s) in specifying any jigs, fixtures and tooling that are required
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out.
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers.
- Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives.
- Highly motivated, dependable, and self-reliant.
- Proven experience in Rail Vehicles retrofit/modification projects (essential)
- Detailed knowledge in continuous improvement (essential)
- Minimum level 3 apprenticeship in a recognised trade e.g. Mechanical, electrical (essential)
- HNC qualification in a relevant trade (desirable)
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, ideally, SAP and Teamcenter (essential)
- Experience in project mobilisation and implementing new or existing procedures and processes (essential)
This role will involve significant periods of time working at the installation sites as well as travel between Siemens and suppliers’ sites.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.