Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
As part of Manufacturing Engineering’s fast paced and dynamic environment, your primary focus is on the factory, providing excellent and timely diagnosis of product failure modes, allowing root cause actions to be undertaken helping to drive on-going productivity improvements for the business. You will support and inspire the manufacturing teams that deliver outstanding products for our customers. Most importantly, you share the Siemens values with everyone in your team and the business.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- As a Repair Specialist you will be responsible for diagnosis and repair of electronic defects in accordance with internal procedures and IPC A610 standards.
- You will follow up root cause investigations working with R&D, Quality and Manufacturing to prevent further re-occurrence and improve the factories’ productivity.
- The role requires you to work shifts alternating 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri on a weekly basis; there is also the possibility for this role to do night shifts (10PM-6AM). You will be required to work a reasonable amount of paid overtime providing diagnostic and repair cover at the weekends to ensure we deliver on time to our customers. As a responsible repair team member, you will be providing professional and technical support to fellow peers and other manufacturing personnel.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Ideally you will be qualified to BTEC Level 3 or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
- Good working knowledge of soldering, de-soldering equipment.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing in circuit testing and function testing principles.
- Experience of using digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, DC power supplies for diagnosis and fault finding on electronic assemblies down to component level.
- Ability to prioritise workload as per factory requirements to deliver our customer orders on time.
- A reasonable amount of overtime / weekend working will be required as per business demand.
- Competent using PC software and Microsoft packages including Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Self-driven and motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Must be able to manage demands simultaneously and prioritise work to meet production requirements.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A friendly, approachable individual, with good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Calm, logical, methodical approach to problem solving.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time