Who we are?
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Our software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports around the globe.
Be part of our Team in Dubai as an Associate Control Specialist/Automation Engineer.
What are we offering you?
We are focusing on providing young Emirati graduates with professional development opportunities and real-time tailored personal growth opportunities to provide you with practical work experience combined with structured learning and technically focused training. It’s an opportunity to become familiar with the field of automation technology in the Airport Logistics environment where you will be trained directly by experts in your specific field of study or career aspiration.
What are my responsibilities?
- Good understanding of Troubleshooting PLC-related issues, which include logic, communication, and any hardware pertaining to the PLC system.
- Assist the team in controlling and supervising all operations and maintenance activities and project-related activities to achieve the overall target of system availability in the respective area.
- Assist the team by assuring PLC training is being rolled out to the relevant field staff improving quality.
- Assist the team in monitoring and controlling BHS operations ensuring smooth baggage flow with minimum or no interruptions
- Ensure proper communication from the control room to Field Supervisors/Technicians for proper fault finding.
- Control and supervision of all operations and maintenance activities to achieve the overall target of system availability in the respective area.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Technical Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation/Mechatronics/Electrical/Electronic or related Engineering.
- 6 to 12 months of internship/industrial training in a similar field in any Automation/Manufacturing Industry in an advantage.
- Working knowledge of PLC systems
- Self-learning capability and investigation spirit.
- Basic understanding of Automated Material Flow systems.
- Good awareness of quality and safety procedures.
- Willingness to work in a rotation of shifts.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the opportunity to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time