Who we are?
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Our software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports around the globe.
Be part of our Team in Dubai as an Associate HSE Engineer/Officer.
What are we offering you?
We are focusing on providing young Emirati graduates with professional development opportunities and real-time tailored personal growth opportunities to provide you with practical work experience combined with structured learning and technically focused training. It’s an opportunity to become familiar with the field of automation technology in the Airport Logistics environment where you will be trained directly by experts in your specific field of study or career aspiration.
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist HSE leader to implement the organization's general policy on Health, Safety, and Environment with compliance regulations.
- Assist the team which investigates accidents or incidents, submits reports on work practices undertakes risk assessments to enable decisions to be made.
- Assist in preparing reports, bulletins, and safety and health program promotional materials, and keeps all levels of staff up-to-date with HSE Communication.
- Assist the team in regular training programs about employee safety procedures and accident protection, prevention, and firefighting.
- Assist the team by preparing a corrective action plan and closeout report by closing out gaps identified during the audits.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Electrical/ Mechanical or related Engineering.
- 6 – 12 months of internship/industrial training in a similar field in any Automation/Manufacturing Industry in an advantage.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices, and good understanding of writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Diligent with great attention to detail, and a good organizational skills.
- Any certification in occupational health and safety is an advantage (i.e. NEBOSH).
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Good awareness of quality and safety procedures.
- Willingness to work in shifts.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the opportunity to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time