Who we are?
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Our software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports around the globe.
Be part of our Team in Dubai as an Associate IT Specialist.
What are we offering you?
We are focusing on providing young Emirati graduates with professional development opportunities and real-time tailored personal growth opportunities to provide you with practical work experience combined with structured learning and technically focused training. It’s an opportunity to become familiar with the field of automation technology in the Airport Logistics environment where you will be trained directly by experts in your specific field of study or career aspiration.
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist the team in monitoring and diagnosing SCADA software.
- Assist the team in monitoring and maintaining Oracle database, elaborating and reviewing scripts.
- Assist the team in creating, maintaining and troubleshooting Java and .Net (VC++) applications.
- Assisting the team with network administration tasks.
- Good knowledge of system troubleshooting.
- Debugging software, database, and network-related issues.
- Review and assess current processes and suggest improvements within the multiple components of a Baggage Handling System.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of baggage/cargo handling system
- Propose the learning path and respective courses and training using Siemens - My Learning Platform.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT or related computer degree.
- 6 – 12 months of internship/industrial training in a similar field in any Automation/Manufacturing Industry in an advantage.
- Basic Knowledge in the development & managing of software applications (Java, .Net technologies).
- Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL Server databases and their respective SQL languages.
- Basic knowledge about SCADA software, and software/hardware interfaces.
- A proactive self-learner.
- Willingness to work in shifts.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the opportunity to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time