Who we are?
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Our software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports around the globe.
Be part of our Team in Dubai as an Associate SCADA Operator/BHIS Engineer.
What are we offering you?
We are focusing on providing young Emirati graduates with professional development opportunities and real-time tailored personal growth opportunities to provide you with practical work experience combined with structured learning and technically focused training. It’s an opportunity to become familiar with the field of automation technology in the Airport Logistics environment where you will be trained directly by experts in your specific field of study or career aspiration.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitoring and controlling Baggage Handling System (BHS) operations via SCADA system and dashboards tools.
- Ensure proper communication and guidance from BHS control room to Field supervisors & technicians for proper fault finding and rectification.
- Ensure effective communication/escalation to Duty manager/BHS Control room stakeholders for relevant activities and to manage day-to-day BHS operations.
- Ensure relevant fallback procedures are implemented during system breakdown and during uncertain situations in alignment with Duty manager/BHS control room team.
- Perform analysis on day-to-day operational challenges, observations related to BHS systems and various system reports and escalate/suggest adequate solutions.
- Ensure proper handover/takeover of shifts with all information/ongoing works passed on to the next shift Supervisor and control room team.
- Log all the daily activities and anomalies in the logbook.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Instrumentation/Mechatronics/Electrical or related Engineering.
- Good understanding of "SCADA"/"PLC" systems is required.
- 6 - 12 months of internship/industrial training in a similar field in any Automation/Manufacturing Industry in an advantage.
- Good understanding and hand on skills of SCADA systems.
- Self-learning capability and analytical skills required
- Basic understanding of Automated Material Flow systems.
- Good awareness of quality and safety procedures.
- Willingness to work in shifts.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the opportunity to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time