5000.00 Sign on bonus available
Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a proven Financial Analyst (Commercial Project Manager), to support our Projects Business Finance team. Similar descriptors for Commercial project Managers are Financial Analyst, Project Controller, or Project Cost Controller. Commercial project Managers are a key finance member of a project execution team who work in close cooperation with Project Managers. The role is focused on the financial and business aspects of a project and assists the project team in meeting and/or exceeding planned financial objectives. Key functions performed include but are not limited to financial planning, cost controlling & reporting, forecasting, risk & cash management, and earned value reporting.
Commercial project Managers share ownership with the Project Manager and accountability for the management and oversight of a project throughout its lifecycle, taking an active role in all aspects of the process. They are responsible for determining, tracking, and measuring project actuals vs. forecasts budgets. Interaction with Accounting, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Site Managers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and assist in supporting internal teams, approvals, and other contributions from stakeholders. Commercial project Managers have direct customer relationships and are involved with process improvement. They implement and organize project management programs and tools to ensure an efficient system. Analyze cost reports, detect problems, and effectively communicate project’s cost performance, concerns, and recovery plan to the project team.
- Prepare project order intake calculations, setup and maintain project baseline budget with aligned work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Prepare, track, and maintain project budget allocation
Cost Controlling & Reporting
- Monitor, analyze, and report on project costs
- Ensures financial transactions are in line with internal and external regulations / guidelines
- Identify and document variances (cost of non-conformance) to budget as well as the prior Estimate-At-Completion (EAC)
- Prepare monthly project status reports
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Prepare project financial forecasts - orders, revenue, gross profit, EBIT, billings, payments
- Prepare project Estimate-At-Completion (ETC/EAC)
Risk and Cash Management
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate, and report project risk & opportunities
- Timely and accurate billings for project milestones
- Ensure timely customer payments
- Involved in month end close activities - prepare cost accruals/provisions, ensure revenue and profit declarations are properly recognized
- Support internal & external project audits as required, and perform project close out activities
EDUCATION, SKILLS, and KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a finance related field
- 4- 8 years of experience working in a project-based business in a controlling or project finance related position
- General knowledge and understanding of project controlling, accounting / finance, contract & subcontract management, and supply chain management
- Experience working on project/product teams supporting multiple projects and project managers and/or line managers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally between departments
- Analytical and detailed oriented; ability to systematically work through complex topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive and results oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize dynamic work activities
- SAP and SAP Business Warehouse
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – with advanced Excel skills
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
Siemens is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration.
Design your future with us! Apply today and join Team Siemens.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.