Regional Business Development Professional
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible like developing state-of-the-art high-speed trains and intelligent robots. Therefore we need Ambassadors for new insights, hardworking storytellers, and passionate captivators in marketing and sales who make our customer relationships strong. We’ll open up endless possibilities for you to do just that; make the meaningful things a reality!
This is your role. What part will you play?
This position is responsible for Factory Automation Business Development for an assigned sales region in India, key responsibilities, and expectations-
- An enabler to develop and implement Factory Automation products & systems business opportunities within & between organization.
- Basic Knowledge and will be required to Drive in the region the future of Automation technologies like EDGE, FA Apps, emerging verticals e.g. tunnel, EV, Battery technology along with classical verticals like pharma, F&B etc.
- Responsible for growth in OI & Revenue. Coordinating and implementing with sales organization to implement business growth actions.
- Value proposition & skill set to propose optimized configuration w.r.t competition as well as past knowledge of Automation system business (either process or factory). Knowledge and track record of handling system cases Automation system business (either process or factory). Specially value proposition and optimization of configuration & bill of material, creating an edge for Siemens. Knowledge on optimization of cost sheet including bought outs for Automation system jobs will be treated as a preference.
- To work out strategies and Initiatives to retain leading position of Factory Automation business, which will have an impact at pan India level.
- Strong team player.
- Profitability of business- Customer Price Development & ensuring profitability of assigned business responsibilities.
- Knowledge & Leading business transformation initiatives- Factory Automation as a bridge between IT & OT platform, an objective to enhance software business, security in Automation systems & Digitalization in FA. Creating a base for FA digitalization business with sales team.
- Domain/Vertical knowledge- F&B, Pharma, Metals, Automotive, Intralogistics, Machine building etc.
- Mapping the market (vertical & segment wise), identifying growth verticals and customers therein. Developing market transparency with the use of Sales force.
- Sound knowledge of competitor Automation portfolio. Competitor mapping in terms of their G2M, Partner network, Local initiatives, and strategies.
- Development, communication & implementation of growth measures, country concept & masterplan.
- Planning and implementing the Marketing & promotion strategy. Implementation of Market transparency measures through sales organization.
- You will play a key role to interface with global HQ on accounts of various topics- adaption of global initiatives, product supply chain topics, factory tour etc.
- Future & success of this role will open an avenue for the selected candidate to go for higher position within organization. Therefore, quick ability to recover from setbacks & willingness to relocate will be an important criteria.
Education & Experience Required !
- Education: B.E (Electronics / Electrical/ Instrumentation) with minimum 8-13 years of handling Automation business either in Sales or in a business unit/development role within/outside Siemens.
- Should have sound knowledge on various processes of steel making and processing
- M.B.A in marketing will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills in English. Good communication in the national language (Hindi) and local language may be an added advantage.
- Learning Agility - The candidate must be willing to learn and keep him / her self updated about Siemens Products, technical & software tools.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time