We have a fantastic opportunity for a project delivery Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail Infrastructure business. This is a unique opportunity to join and lead as a key technology leading contractor for the first in class digital railway sector – digitalizing and modernising the UK railway.
In this dynamic, customer facing role you will be the commercial interface for the portfolio and providing the strategic link into the digital future of railway infrastructure. Reporting into the Regional Commercial Manager you will manage and report as part of a high value turnover business from work winning, budgeting, and cost control through to customer final account over an extensive and varied work bank.
This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business, and within client organisations, to understand and deliver solutions to our customers. These same skills will be deployed internally to lead and develop or growing commercial team.
This is a hybrid/remote role with expectation to travel/commute to either Chippenham, Midlands, or London offices to support business requirements.
These are your responsibilities
Commercial management of various projects /work packages as directed. These may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way
- Be responsible for project work package change control and management
- Provide key commercial interface for responsible work package manager
- Provide contractual and commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks
- Provide input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
- Ensure processes and document control align with the appropriate company standards
- Work and collaborate with key partners in finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and clients
- Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
Qualification and skills needed for this role
We are looking for someone with previous Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, construction
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification- RICS, ICES or similar
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage commercial strategies
- Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectations
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good Contractual knowledge and experience
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time