Mode of Employment: Limited; Part-time 17,5 h/week
Headed to the future? Hop right in.
Our R&D department develops technologies for the future of additive manufacturing on an industrial scale. We focus on new products and solutions for our Siemens Business Units. An essential part of our work consists of innovation in the field of digitalization and manufacturing technology for the SIEMENS production.
Modern additive manufacturing machines provide a large volume of data, which contains information about the manufacturing process. Using machine learning, the various data sources available can be combined and analyzed effectively. However, solutions in this context must fit a variety of different machines, thus the designed algorithms and analytical solutions need to be general applicable.
What part will you play?
- In your job you will support our team in the development of digital manufacturing technologies in the field of robot-assisted additive manufacturing.
- First, you will learn how to use and operate robot-based additive manufacturing, cutting-edge CAD/CAM software, as well as Siemens’ Industrial Edge devices and the industrial cloud.
- You analyze the requirements for programming and monitoring of multi-axis additive manufacturing technologies, especially WAAM and LMD, and screen the state of the art of software together with our technology experts within Siemens.
- You will be responsible for the development of a scalable software solution for monitoring and controlling the manufacturing process on the edge.
- You are significantly involved in the further development of edge products as a key enabler for the industrialization of additive manufacturing using machine learning.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You are currently enrolled in a technical or scientific degree like computer science, mechatronics, or engineering.
- You have basic experience in using CAD/CAM software (e.g. Siemens NX) as well as with additive manufacturing technology or 3D printing.
- You have experience with data analytics and the Internet of Things.
- You have already gained some experience programming with Python, e.g. for data analytics/ machine learning applications.
- Likewise, you have experience with Docker or similar container technologies as well as Linux.
- You enjoy practical, goal-oriented work and are characterized by a structured and independent way of working in a scientific manner.
- You are willing to cooperate in cross-functional and international teams.
- Very good written and oral English skills are required, German skills would be an asset.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Part-time